Summer Intern for Children’s & Youth Ministries:
Back Creek ARP Church, located in Charlotte, NC, is seeking a candidate for a 2018 Summer Internship. This individual will assist in planning and operation of summer activities with Children’s and Youth ministries. This program is intended to equip and train the Intern for growth in Christian ministry, act in a leadership role within the Children and Youth Ministries, and help the ministries operate efficiency to deliver the good news of Jesus Christ to the children and youth of Back Creek Church. Specific responsibilities include assisting with middle and high school camps (out of town), Vacation Bible School, local mission work, and small groups. This is a minimum 35 hours/week position, for 10 weeks.
Please send resumes and cover letter of why you are the right fit for this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No paper resumes, electronic versions only (word doc or pdf).
Job Description for Children’s & Youth Ministry Intern
• Length of Service: 10 weeks summer of 2018: June 4 – August 10.
• Accountability : Associate Pastor of Students and Children’s Director (time will be shared).
• Must be a believer in Jesus Christ and actively involved in Bible believing Church.
• Must have the ability to lead others.
• Love of Children & Youth.
• Desire to serve God in ministry/ considering a calling in ministry.
III. Job Summary:
This internship is designed to equip a developing Children’s and/or youth worker for future health & leadership in Christ’s church. The Back Creek Children’s and Youth Intern will work closely with both the Associate Pastor to Students and the Children’s Director.
The Intern will help with weekly activities and/or meetings, help administratively with summer trips, events, and activities. The intern will also have the opportunity to help lead student summer trips, assist with Vacation Bible School, and assist with a mission to our neighborhoods and community at the end of the summer.
The Children’s and Youth Ministry Intern will gain experience in a variety of areas as they develop under the mentorship of the Pastor to Students and Children’s Director. The intern will also be given opportunities to speak, plan, and take lead in various capacities that are desired to strengthen.
IV. Expectations of the Youth Ministry Intern:
• To assist in the growth and development of the ministry to children birth-5th grade and students grades 6-12.
• Responsibilities will include Bible teaching, planning, organizing.
• Assist with Summer Conferences and local Missions.
• Assist in Vacation Bible School.
• Assist with children’s activities: Fun Friday’s, Terrific Tuesday’s.
• Children’s Sunday School.
• Commit to 10 weeks at 35 hours per week.
V. Salary: $3500 for summer paid in monthly installments.